Saturday, October 31, 2009

First Date

I just had my very first eharmony actual in person date. We met in a coffeeshop. I chose one that I dont often frequent, just in case he turned out to be crazy. Thankfully, he wasnt crazy, he was nice. And he was just as tall as his profile said he was, which was great :-) After fretting about all the insignificant details - like, should I get there first? Should I be perfectly exactly on time? Or should I get there late? And somewhat significant details of what should I wear? How should I do my hair? None of those details mattered at all, and we had a great conversation. He even opened the door for me, which was great. I happen to love that. We bonded over the fact that both of our dream jobs would be being independently wealthy full time philanthropists, and that we both *hate* going shopping. There were no instantaneous lightning bolt sparks of chemistry, and he looks an awful lot like one of my bosses, which was a bit strange for me, but those things are not insurmountable ;-)

So will I see him again? I think yes :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I can't wait to see where this might go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I recently got back into checking this blog out. I have commented on I think everyone's past posts, so if you want to check it out, please do.

    Second, I thought the only goal of this experiment was to get a date for NYE. I only realized today that the Goal includes "And to find love, of course." So some of my comments were said with the thought that you ladies were only looking for a NYE date. My apologies.

    However! Knowing this now, let's be realistic about this...Date for NYE first, and hopefully that will lead to love...deal?

    Third, I love it ML Blizzards and Basslines. I'm glad you used eHarmony. I mention earlier my thoughts on Match.com vs eHarmony and I think eHarmony has a better filter system and is less 'skanky' (see past post).

    Congrats! ACTION! I love it!

    ReplyDelete