Monday, October 5, 2009

jumping

That's what I feel like I'm doing....jumping. Jumping into this whole online dating world and jumping into this crazy blog about it :) Like some of my other "must love" friends on here, I've never done this before. Not sure why. I've seen it work great for people. No one I know has been truly burned by it. It's a scary place to be...what if this doesn't work? or, equally as scary, what if it does?!

So here I am, profile filled out, and awaiting someone to "communicate" with me who I'm willing to write back to (that's going to be another big jump). I know I'm only doing this because there's a group of us taking this big leap together. I'm a little nervous, a bit excited, apprehensive, maybe a little too cautious, and trying really hard to be open to the whole experience, no matter what happens.

What have I learned so far? Just that if someone were to ask me-- What would you do if some friends told you to jump off a cliff?-- I just might jump, and depending on the friends, that's ok :)

2 comments:

  1. So I am enjoying this experiment thoroughly. I progressively desire to write a romantic comedy, and this has the makings of a great one.

    Unfortunately, this could turn out to be more like a bad episode of "Sex and the City". You know, that show about 3 sluts and their slutty mom.

    But I degress. Secretly I want to join Eharmony AND Match.com (why not double the chances of true love? or at least the more important date-for-new-years?)

    Anyway, I eagerly await more blogs, and good luck to you adventurous women. I'll try and stick in my single man's point of view whenever I can. And maybe this helps...I know many women turn to these sites because they are tired of trying to meet guys at bars. They actually want "Bartime" to hang out with friends, not to find the one and only.

    You're not alone...

    Yours truly,
    ROUGH aROUND the EDGES

    ReplyDelete