Monday, October 19, 2009

the "bases" of eHarmony

I don't know if everyone realizes what it takes to actually email someone on eHarmony; I certainly didn't until I began this experiment. So here's what we see any time we are matched with someone. There's always the option of "FastTracking" someone and moving right to "Open Communication," but typically, this is what we go through, what some of us have sarcastically started calling the "bases" of eHarmony.

Answer his Questions
Send 1st Questions-
1st Base?
Read his Answers
Send Must Haves and Can't Stands-2nd Base?
Read his Must Haves
and Can't Stands
Send 2nd Questions-
3rd Base?
Read his Answers
Answer his Questions
Read Dr. Warren's Message
Start Open Communication-
HOME RUN?!
As you can see, it is quite the game. There are mulitple choice questions, short answers, and the constant waiting game. And it can take forever!!! Thanks for your patience :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok first "Patience" from Guns and Roses just came on my ipod shuffle--awesome.
    Secondly, I am so glad you posted this and confirms my belief that Eharmony is more of the Finding a Lifetime Partner.com.

    I wouldn't call it a game, I'd call it a great filter. But yes it probably takes time! Hmm that NYE date is coming up sooooon. I suggest you possibly open a match.com account for the NYE date and keep Eharmony for Love of Life.

    I know I said in the previous post that Match.com is a little more skanky, but I also said that probably waszn't the best way to describe it. You know what I mean...I hope.

    Just a little Paaatiennnnce...yeahhhh....yeahhh!

    RRE

    ReplyDelete