Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sunday...

I have a date on Sunday. I feel like a 14 yr old girl, all giddy, and have no idea what I'll say or how I should bring up my life circumstances. How do I tell a boy that 4 months ago I was in the hospital without it being like a bombshell? I think I'm going to practice on my roommates husband and see how it goes. We're going to a wine bar, but I still can't drink for another year. So that'll take some explanation and maybe will open a door.

This time around with eharm it feels different. I've grown up and so many things in my life have changed. A match asked me a great question the other day- do I want my husband's calling in ministry overseas to be the same as his? Yes and no. I don't know if just going on missions trips and adopting children while living in the states will be enough for me. But how do I say "I want someone who wants to live overseas for a few years and fight on behalf of sex-slave girls" without narrowing down all of my choices?? UGH. life...

3 comments:

  1. you say it. that's how.

    if you're that confidant of your calling, be that confidant of your mate.

    cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm a little late reading these. Dying to hear about the date. Anonymous was right, so I hope you took their advice.

    But wouldn't YOU be his only sex-slave to save?

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

    RRE

    ReplyDelete