Sunday, October 11, 2009

29 is the new 31


So they, being eharmony, matches with 29 dimensions of compatibility...what does that exactly mean?! Well, this whole process reminds me a little more of Baskin Robbins 31 flavors of ice cream. I just want to paint a picture for our readers what this process of online dating is really like....

Imagine your craving ice cream. So you walk into Baskin Robbins...with 31 flavors. (now granted I have never really counted if that's true, but lets be honest, there are a lot of choices) I will be surprised if you can walk in and not at least have some samples before you actually pick your flavor. Or even if you know what you want, why not try some samples...they are free right. So after you have delighted yourself with such amazement, you pick what you think will satisfy!

Online dating is much like this...here you are walking into a "store," looking to quench some sort of craving. (now granted this analogy doesn't totally make sense, but just stick with me). I'm doing this to meet someone. I feel like I have options, different flavors of ice cream if you will. Now I have already judged some by appearance, I know, but lets be honest we all have done it. If the ice cream doesn't look good, why take a sample...even if it is free?! But then there are other flavors of ice cream that look pretty good, so you try it. I also think that some might even try the ice cream because just the name is intriguing. I have definitely done this by going through questions/guided communication with some guys based on their profile. So I feel like I have been at Baskin Robbins, tasting some flavors of ice cream...

Whats funny though, after one day of doing online dating, I didn't really try many samples before I tasted one of my favorite flavors....bubble gum!! If any of you read the blog in the way beginning, hes the guy that fast-tracked me. (meaning he passed up all the guided questions and wanted to email right away). This guy was attractive and I LOVED what he said about himself in his profile (he didn't say his favorite book was "Purpose Driven Life"or that he wanted to open an animation store someday! ha ha). He was my bubble gum ice cream...the gum is hidden, intriguing, exciting. My next post will be about what has happened since....

2 comments:

  1. I love it... just remember.. sometimes its good to stick to the flavor you know you like... and sometimes its good to take some samples before you chose. Thats what those little spoons are for. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First: Fantastic analogy!
    Second: FAST TRACK IT!!!
    Third: Nothing is more attractive than ACTION! and you are acting!

    Good job!
    RRE

    ReplyDelete