Sunday, October 25, 2009

I don't know what's worse...

We just ended things online, and to be honest, I don't know what worse- ending things in person or through email. He said there was nothing wrong with me, we just have different callings. He wants to be in the suburbs or in the country, and I want to be overseas. We'd just be hoping that things might change in the next few years. Will I ever find someone who's not afraid to go see the world and live overseas for awhile??? It's not for life, I just want more than the "ordinary, American life". Not that there's anything wrong with being a hunter's widow or living here in America, I just don't think it's for me, and that's probably not going to change anytime soon. Why does dating have to be SO COMPLICATED and over-rated?! This thing called love is ridiculous and messy!?

5 comments:

  1. a&m--
    just to encourage you, i wanted to say that i myself am married (very, very happily) to someone i would NEVER have picked. my best friend thought she'd marry someone headed overseas with her, and she's found herself with a farmer's son from middle america :)
    this isn't at all to tell you not to follow your dreams. or that you aren't right in thinking it could very well end in sadness when you start to differently.
    but i do want you to embrace the freedom... to be uncompromising to yourself yet explore relationships among people who could enhance you in ways you can't see.

    its my story, anyway.

    and its frustratingly open-ended, yes. but i've chosen to see the beauty in limitless possiblity. instead of being irritated with lack of parameters :) thanks for sharing this journey with all of us. love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. frustrating...i'm sorry. i wish i had great words of encouragement for you.
    but i don't.
    waiting sucks.
    having patience gets old.
    at least you're know you're not alone..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does eharmony have an international feature? Maybe you need to expand your geographical reach to say, 10,000 miles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Friend,
    1. "Hunter's widow" ??? LOL!
    2. I'm proud of you for being straigtforward with these guys about your calling.
    3. I believe you WILL find someone who is adventurous and desires international experiences.
    4. I love you! You are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very sorry for your loss.

    DONE! Move on to the next guy.

    Pick yourself up and go! Dec 31st Deadline.

    unless...

    This sounded very intimate...like you had more than one date. If what scared him off was the oversees thing, maybe you should keep that card in your hand and not play it for a while. Make him fall in love with you, and then make him go with you.

    I agree with anonymous that people find love in the most peculiar of places where they least expect. I would say finding it online is quite peculiar, and do any of you expect it?

    Becareful of the double-edge, if you fall in love with him, he may convince YOU to do something you wouldn't do otherwise. Love is sacrifice.

    RRE

    ReplyDelete