Thursday, October 22, 2009

Profile: Round Two

I am not finding what I am looking for. So I am revamping my profile.
I am reminded of short story writing… The first page—some would say the first sentence—of any writing should grab the reader’s attention and leave him/her wanting more. What is my hook? What can I say in that first sentence that encompasses me fully? I want to come off catchy and funny and interesting and smart and thoughtful and intellectual and spiritual.
The next rule that comes to mind is the climax. However interesting the introduction, close the sequence, or rapid the action, it is always the climax toward which the mind is ever reaching. What is the high point? The culmination? What is it that people will walk away with? Will men want to respond? With the RIGHT men want to respond?
A conclusion is the next thing that I fret over when writing my profile. It should be concise. It should end well, making a pretty little package out of me!
So I am redoing my profile. I plan to make a few things a little softer and bring a few more things to the forefront, making them a focal point.
I hate that I have to have a great profile. I don’t like that I am totally and thoroughly judged by a few words and a couple pictures.
I wanna say “I AM SO MUCH MORE THAN THIS” but even then, if I post that then men might just think that I am avoiding questions and not willing to share who I am.
The whole point of being online is to share who I am with someone. I want to share my life. I want to have someone to tell things to, to make a life with.

It seems like such a vicious circle.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully everyone understands that all of people cannot be squeezed on the profile page, and will inquire of more from you! As you want others to do for you, so try to keep an open mind with others' profiles--within reason of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous is right. So you have to make the PROFILE the HOOK not the Story.

    The culmination to climax should be the ensuing conversations and then dates.

    ReplyDelete