Thursday, January 28, 2010

the end.

(image via le love)

After four months of unsuccessful attempts to meet someone online, I'm putting an end to my eHarmony subscription. Perhaps I'll open it back up at some point, but at least for the month of February, I'm taking a break. After a lot of thought, I've decided that I need to focus on a few other things at the moment, namely loving on myself. "Must love us" have taken on a whole new meaning for me . . . well, I guess it's more like, "must love me." I want to spend more time improving myself, not just because I want to find a boyfriend/husband, but because I want to feel more confident about who I am, which I think, in turn, will make me more appealing to a guy eventually.

This little experiment has opened my eyes to a lot of things:

  • I still don't know what I'm looking for.
  • I still don't know who I am.
  • My girlfriends are so, so, precious to me.
  • Online dating isn't as easy as it looks.
  • I am not alone in my loneliness.

And I'm thankful for what I've learned.

But don't worry; this isn't the end of my blogging. I'll continue to write about my adventures as a single woman who is learning that she must love herself.


1 comment:

  1. very inspiring banjos and paris! loving ourselves well will always prepare our souls to BE loved by others.

    ReplyDelete