Friday, January 8, 2010

a real Stand Up guy!




When is it okay to stand a girl up?
When is it okay to make plans with a girl and then not follow through??

During my first online dating experience I was talking with a guy fairly often. It seemed like we had a lot of similar interests, and things were going really well. We would talk a lot. We would talk for a good chunk of time. We didn't have marathon calls, but we would have a good talk, laugh a lot and enjoy time.
He asked if I would like to meet. HECK YES I DID!! This guy was SO SO cute and we really had a lot in common. We made plans and I was stoked. At the last minute he called to tell me that he had forgotten that his license plates had expired, and he wasn't comfortable driving. I was really crushed and confused.
We made plans to meet again, and because of the snow, he had to cancel.
We made plans again, but he hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before, so we had to postpone.
I REALLY began to resent him. I was so hurt that he wasn't into me enough to do anything to see me that I couldn't even see straight.
We made plans one last time, and this time at least he manned up enough to tell me he didn't really want to meet me.
I was hurt, but more than that I was glad that he finally SAID that he didn't want to see me.
I had completely forgotten about this experience.... until today.

I have been talking with a guy from Match for about 2 weeks. We haven't talked a whole lot, but he asked to see me. I feel like seeing a person in the flesh really helps to decide whether or not you want to see them again, or at all!
We made plans to meet last week. This week, he confirmed our date again, which I thought was a good thing. I didn't want to make the plans, so I had been taking a back seat on the planning aspect. We chatted and traded texts a couple times this week, so we have been in contact...
WELL FOLKS.... it is 8:30 on Friday night and I haven't heard from him yet. I sent a text at 4:15, but no answer.
Again I am frustrated! I deserve to be taken out! I deserve to have someone follow through and pick me up and take me to dinner!
SO, this no-show-dud is going to be closed, and I am not going to waste any more time on him.

On to someone who will be there for me!!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, friend. :( Must love red wine and fireworks and I are sad for you. Hope you went out on the town and had a good time! You definitely deserve better than that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You absolutely deserve to be taken out. Don't let bumps on the road to someone great stop you! These duds are just going to make you really appreciate the guy who wins your heart in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious to see what happened! Only saying, he could have had a good reason. I was stood up by my now boyfriend on our second date. Let me tell you, it gives you good leverage for any future arguments:)

    ReplyDelete