Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Put me in coach!

So you may notice a substitution has been made...some ladies have moved on and one has even found what she was looking for, and the women of must love...us have invited a newbie onboard.

I was inspired to join the online dating band wagon after reading about the adventures on this blog and was especially intrigued after helping an online dater update her profile. There were attractive, single, seemingly wonderful men looking for...well, maybe for me! And so here I am, three weeks into the adventure.

And as the ladies have said in the past, it's a surprisingly challenging undertaking. More than anything , it's been hard to really spell out who I am in a profile and a couple of pictures. It's making me realize that perhaps "who I am" is actually less clear then I had previously imagined.

It's also hard to know if I'm doing this online dating thing right. My first week after signing up, a match came in that threw me for a loop...it was a guy who had pursued me in the fall, that I'd really seriously considered dating. If eharmony says we're compatible, should i have dated him?! And now that he's online dating, have I missed my chance?! I've since put these concerns to rest, and after we laughed about the match up together, the guy told me to forget eharmony and switch to Match. Which just set me off semi-worrying again...did i pick the wrong site? Am I going to miss out on the one?

Fortunately, I see online dating as simply opening doors, not closing them. I'm not the one in charge of the future, but I'm happy knowing that this little experiment is me making a statement that I'd like to find love...in the future.

4 comments:

  1. welcome :)

    I think you picked a good time to join...we all have a feeling 2010 is going to be good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i'm so so so excited! welcome to the madness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Glad you are joining our ranks! You have a fresh perspective and it will be fun to see how your journey goes!!

    ReplyDelete