Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Maybe a spinster forever... and learning to be okay with that.

To all of our loyal fans out there, I apologize on our behalf. Our silence is- for lack of of a better word- pathetic. Not much is new in my world- no new boys really, although I did go out with a friend about a month ago and didn't even know that it was a date. At the end of the evening... I turned to go in my house (he was driving), and felt something wet in my ear. Yes ladies and gentlemen... he was making out with my ear. Not only did I not know it was a date, but that made it clear. Um... ever since he has been known not by his name but as "ear boy". Put it on my tab. Awesome. Why do these things keep happening to me?

I have interests around in my life- but MLF&RW has to keep talking me into them and saying you're not a cougar just because you're four years older. I've gone out a few times with someone from Eharm, but I'm just not feeling the chemistry there, so I think I need to just let it go if we both don't know or feel it. Same girl had to say "really, you've only been out a few times- it's not a crime" but just so we're both not hurt or drag this out... maybe I should end it before we get hurt or something. He's really sweet- and he wants to go to Paris- so Banjos... maybe I have someone for you! :) I met with my mentor last week and she wants to set me up with a friend of her's, so we'll see where that goes. I used TO HATE the idea of being set up, but if the person knows me and the other person, then maybe it's not such a bad thing after all. What's there to lose anyway? Really, I don't have high expectations in this realm/area anymore. After everything that I've gone through in the last year especially, I'm learning to just be OK with me, and that's a big enough chore in and of itself. So here's to maybe having to be a spinster forever, and if I am, then I'll go over to S.E. Asia alone and be okay with that. Being with someone would be nice, but I'm not naive enough to think that they will complete me in any way, shape, or form, and that's ok and not what I'm looking for anyway. And there's my update post Valentine's :)
Must Love Art & Music

No comments:

Post a Comment