Monday, December 21, 2009

What are you doing New Years Eve?

I just learned how to play this song on the guitar. Not all of you may know this little gem of a song, but it goes something like this:

Maybe it’s much too early in the game
Ah, but I thought I’d ask you just the same
What are you doing New Year’s
New Year’s Eve?

Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight
When it’s exactly twelve o’clock that night
Welcoming in the New Year
New Year’s Eve

Maybe I’m crazy to suppose
I’d ever be the one you chose
Out of a thousand invitations
You’d receive

Ah, but in case I stand one little chance
Here comes the jackpot question in advance
What are you doing New Year’s
New Year’s Eve?

Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight
When it’s exactly twelve o’clock that night
Welcoming in the New Year
New Year’s Eve

What are you doing New Year’s Eve?

So, while the romantic in me still thinks and hopes that with 10 days to go, I may yet find a special someone to spend NYE with, the practical side of me thinks that is just silly, and, besides, I'd probably have more fun with my friends on NYE than with someone I've only just met. Last year I started dating a guy a couple weeks before NYE. I made the decision to skip a concert I had wanted to go to in order to go to the party he was going to attennd. So, I had a terrible time hanging out with no one I knew on NYE except him (and all those people were too into their playstation games or whatever to even want to meet me), and all the time thinking, hmm, all of this, just for a kiss at midnight? Maybe its not worth it. We broke up a week later.

So here I sit, actively communicating with two nice guys on eharmony, my "New matches" box all cleared out, poised and ready to start a new year not online. I have a new scheme up my sleve. Maybe I'll blog about it later. And maybe I'll write a bluesly little ditty with a nice walking bass line about our online dating woes. We can have a showing at our next get-together.

No comments:

Post a Comment