Friday, November 6, 2009

Oofta.

It took me 3 hours tonight to get the courage. To get the courage to return a phone call from Wednesday. A phone call inviting me to the Bronco game Monday night for our Date #2.

"The Bronco game? That's a great date!" my friend told me last night. Which of course it is, and which of course made my heart sink even a bit further because I still hadnt returned this phone call. Delaying the inevitable.... which was to try to figure out how to say that I'd rather go climbing with some friends than go to the Bronco game with him. Because, when you're just not interested, even the Bronco game doesnt sound so great. So, I finally found the courage, at 5 minutes to 10:00 to give him a call, and muster up the words to say I didn't think I was interested in going on a second date. The phone call lasted all of 2 minutes, because thats as long as it took me to tell him that I realized I had been avoiding calling him back because I just wasnt interested. And, for him to be sweet and tell me not to worry. And, of course, for him to tell me that his roommate knows me - turns out his roommate was a good friend of an ex-boyfriend of mine. Go figure.

6 comments:

  1. You did the right thing! and let me know his name... I'll go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you!!! see what you are learning!!! way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the worst thing about this experiment - letting the guys down who decide you don't have chemistry with. Proud of you blizzards and basslines!! ~Must love tapas and tannins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes good job Blizzards!!!! Do the things you love and not the things you feel like you should do. This experiment is supposed to enrich your life, not make it less fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes. good job, but seriously...call him back and I will buy the two tickets from him! I am trying to go to the game with a match of mine...ha ha.
    -Must love teens and beans

    ReplyDelete