Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A "food meet"

So I have been talking to a guy on Match.com for a few weeks now. I can't remember how I found his profile... but I did. I am not sure that I am romantically interested in him, but he is from a land that I love, so I wanted to get to know him a bit better.
We have had some good discussions and one argument... or debate on theological issues. This revolved mostly around praying to Mary and the saints. light stuff.
The debate ended with a bet. He bet me that the original Hebrew of a particular verse didn't say the same in an English Bible. He bet me lunch.
I don't pride myself on being a theologian, but when I looked at the 16 versions of the bible on my iPhone, 14 of them said the same word. I then went to find English translations of the Torah and the 2 that I found also said the same word.
So, not being satisfied, he asked some Torah expert friends of his.... while I waited. I was confident.
He let me know today that I was right, and that I could collect my winnings whenever I want.
So I made plans for lunch this Saturday. I hope that meeting him goes well, that he is more attractive in the real life than in his profile picture and that we don't get in a fight!

At least I am going to meet someone!

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of something I saw on TV once. Might have been on Seinfeld. This guy purposely made a bet with a girl that he knew he'd lose so that she could collect on her prize, which was essentially a date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Sharon, Seinfeld quote

    Elaine : He bet me Dustin Hoffman was in Star Wars .

    Jerry : Dustin Hoffman in Star Wars !?! Short Jewish guy against Darth Vader.
    I don't think so.

    Regardless, you got yourself a date whether you like it or not. See how it goes.

    RRE

    ReplyDelete