Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ever?

I agree with must love fireworks and red wine.... will this ever work? Things are looking dreary indeed. Is there anyone out there who's not intimidated by a successful woman, pursuing her masters', who wants to travel the world helping people and doesn't want to live in the suburbs? Will I meet him before I'm old and still able to have children? I know that's why we did this experiment, but things have really looked dreary lately. I've stopped getting interesting matches from the 'harm and I'm starting to doubt that he's even out there. I'm SO TIRED of having to be happy for my friends who have the life I want to be living and WATCHING them live out my dreams. Is he even out there? Bueller?? Anyone?? Sincerely, FRUSTRATED.

6 comments:

  1. Don't lose heart. From my experience, it took many many months on eharmony and 2 subscriptions before I met my now-husband. They make it out that your first match could be your lifemate (which is true, but obviously the chances of that happening are extremely small). He is the ONLY one I ever met in person, period. Some things just take time. Just because you haven't met him yet (it really hasn't been THAT long...) doesn't mean he isn't out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get you! I also have been pretty down in the dumps about online dating.
    Either the profiles don't seem to have any of the same values in common, or the ones that look perfect don't respond. I am starting to wonder if a new year's eve date is even too much to ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think i was this dramatic. :)
    "Will I meet him before I'm old and still able to have children?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok... maybe you weren't THAT dramatic... but the point still stands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe online dating is like selling a house. People just don't want to start a listing and have to deal with it during the holidays. Maybe you'll have to extend your "experiment" into 2010 and pick a new holiday, like the 4th of July, as a goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. preach it!! I tried eHarm August - November and ended up feeling really frustrated. In fact, just got off the phone with a dear college friend who told me about your blog (he is friends with one of you bloggers who recently moved to Denver). I LOVED your line about successful, masters degree, traveling, and not wanting to live in the suburbs. SERIOUSLY, will it ever happen? :-)
    Thanks for your blog ... it brought a smile to my face this evening and helped me remember that I'm not the ONLY woman in the world feeling frustrated. :-)
    blessings on you all and your experiment!

    ReplyDelete