Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The fun never stops

Well, two Match dates in one week = one tired girl. Seriously, that is too much to be that witty for that many hours, especially when the second date lasted eight hours! That's a full day of work friends.

Let me back up a bit. First date of the week was fine but nothing to write home about (although he was awfully good looking). He actually couldn't look me in the eye. I wasn't sure if I should chalk it up to nerves or what but the conservation just wasn't there so I haven't persued a second date.

Second date was on a Friday night and we met for Happy Hour which led to drinks which led to dancing. And did I say drinks? I think that helped fuel the eight hour marathon. At the end of the date, he asked if I wanted to hang out again because he had such a great time. I agreed and proposed going on a date a few days later to this event I had free tickets to. He agreed and said he would call the day of the event to figure out when to meet up, etc.

Date came of said event and no word from this guy. An hour before the event, I start to panic mostly because I realize he probably doesn't want to go and now I am dateless/friendless to this event downtown. I scramble to find a friend that can take his place and everyone is busy. Awesome. I text him to make sure he doesn't want to go and finally hear back from him several hours later that night. Text reads - Oh my god I'm so sorry I haven't called! Bad day today

Really? Bad day? I'm having a bad day too now that I am missing this event I had free tickets to! I don't respond. Next morning - receive another text of apology and a promise to call later to explain him standing me up. He does call that night with an explanation. I'm not saying it was a good one, but I did say I would go out with him again but that he has to plan the date to make up for it and it had better be good:)

2 comments:

  1. It will be a true test of his authenticity and character to see how he makes up for such a huge blunder! Not cool at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. curious to see how it turns out. if i had scheduled a date with someone i liked and i found myself in a traffic accident or my mom died....id be sad, id be frustrated but id call and cancel my plans. he sounds like a douchebag and should value you more. you also shouldnt have to initiate contact. if you don't hear from him, leave it alone. you want a man pursuing you. dont' do his job for him.

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete